caught looking

a blog about the philadelphia phillies. not to be confused, exactly, with "caught looking" the debut album by independent/unsigned/unheard of singer/songwriter greg roth, who is, coincidently, yours truly.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Perish the Thought?

I don't understand. The Phillies AREN'T thinking of trading Jim Thome? What exactly ARE they thinking of with regard to the big fella? Is there another first base on the diamond that I'm missing? Why in the world would you let yourself be referenced behind that comment? Why not say the customary "we're exploring all options" statement that is comfortably non-committal? Such a statement would at least be in line with comments a few days prior, in which "no one is untouchable."

Hard to believe, Harry.

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gillick is a sharp dude. I doubt that one quote will keep other teams from calling, I think he is just spinning things a certain way, either to drive down expectations on himself or drive up what other teams are willing to offer.

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Tom G. I'd let him get settled in a bit. It did not seem to me, based on the three or four interviews I heard, that he was even all that familiar with how certain players performed in 2005.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home