caught looking

a blog about the philadelphia phillies. not to be confused, exactly, with "caught looking" the debut album by independent/unsigned/unheard of singer/songwriter greg roth, who is, coincidently, yours truly.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Curse of Mickey Rooney

While it's only been 26 years, perhaps the Phils' current championship drought is due to the fact that the franchise both has a curse and has heretofor been unable to attach a clever, marketing-friendly monicker to its troublesome spell. In any case, a new england psychologist and childhood Phils fan blames Mickey Rooney for the '64 collapase.

Works for me. Down with the Mick.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Deanna said...

I've been reading a Jim Bunning biography for the last few days. I actually found myself wanting to cry while reading the chapters about 1964. It's ok, though, I never liked Mickey Rooney anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home